These bricks and plates may look “Normal” but they are not. Standard Lego bricks have a fear of odd numbers. Sure, there’s plenty of 1x’s and a 2×3, but that’s the limit. There are plenty of times when you think … Continue reading →
Finished version. Still not entirely crazy about the front bits, but that giant awful bug head was a tough work around. I went with four legs (thought about even going with six) and no minifig. A variety of wings on … Continue reading →
I was going to spend the morning seeing if I could replicate some of those Japanese bricks into something compatible with the standard brick, but after updating some of the design software, nothing wants to load.
I had a hell of a time getting the image to render the way I wanted it on this one and I’m completely dissatisfied with the final product. It’s my fault for once again straying from the mission, as no bricks were made custom in this production. The “mortar” joints on the brick block don’t show up at all so I’m not sure how do make it look right without putting it on an even larger scale, and meanwhile the joints on the pipes are all I notice. UGH.
I’m also surprised at the complete lack of anyone attempting to made Mario World in Lego before now. I’ve found cast members and a Donkey Kong level, but nothing with pipes and hills and Bullet Bills.
…and dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they fire bees at you!
I’ve realized that my attempts to change my design programs to render large builds is sort of a pointless exercise for my project. I’m not doing this to show off big builds, I’m here for custom parts. Here are some airplane fins that I’ve added jets to. Because adding jets to things are fun; just ask Buckaroo Banzai, inventor of the Jet Car. The gray blocks below the jets are printing supports; they are printed at the same time as the brick using the dissoluble plastic, and then disappear with the addition of water.
Been screwing around with wings tonight, obsessed with making a Hawkman or Harvey Birdman or whatever. In the above image you see my main project, the “dragon” wing on the minifig’s right and a much larger wing on the left based on the same print. Needs work, but big wings are more fun than little ones.
Below you see another work in progress, minifigs wings based on traditional plates.
I had made very nice, very clean copies of both of these, and then screwed up on saving the render. When I redid them, what’s left was inferior. It’s okay, I’ll do them again and file them away and one day I’ll print off a thousand copies.
Stuck at work, wishing I was at home screwing around in 3D. Don’t even have the time to write up a proper blog. Tonight I make my first attempt to shave the pegs from a wing-brick model I have loaded up.