I collaborated with the LeoCAD creator to come up with an issue for the bug that was hiding the parts library for some users (he did all the work, really, I just diagnosed a problem he didn’t realize was happening and came up with a temporary fix). It makes me feel a little bit like a hero (or should I say a Bionicle?). Focusing on it cost a couple days of productivity in custom design, but whatever, I had fun playing with my MOCs.
I stopped and restarted this one a few times before I found a path I was happy with. My goal was to use a few rare, weirdo parts from a poor set and make it into something worthwhile. It’s a long process, sure, but the set was poor for a reason. Haven’t decided if I want two feet or four feet for landing gear yet, or whether there is still hope for incorporating a minifig. It could be a drone, or something on micro scale (I can have it eat mini-New York!)
My ultimate inspiration ended up being Neon Genesis Evangelion; I want to create the effect that the spaceship constructed over the bug is more like a cage than a suit of armor. I think the effect is working so far. Hopefully the finished version will do a better job of scaring the cat.